Friday, March 12, 2010

I came in to town a week ago to get the outside domain of my business ready for spring. I spent two hours raking the yard, sweeping the parking lot, trying to piece the puzzel of crushed cement, that edges a portion of my yard, together (that a snow scraper chopped up)and picking up at least a pint of cigarette butts. I impressed even myself. Today, running out in the rain to fetch the now empty trash container and bring it back to the West end of the salon, I glanced over toward the grassy part of my yard. I'm wondering at this moment, if those that are reading this little blog, could guess what my brown eyes saw. I still cannot perceive where those little devils come from. Is there really no other place to throw those nasty little cancer producing tips? Does everyone that goes through my neighbors donut & coffee drive through, smoke? And if they do, does their vehicle not have an ash tray? I think I may come early tomorrow and stand at the donut drive-through and offer ash trays to all that roll their car windows down and act as if they have something that's burning their hand. "Hey...throw it through the donut shop window! They are your business of choice. Let them know you've been here. Because I really don't think they know you are throwing them over in MY yard. Surely they would come to pick them up, since you are their customer and are littering their neighbors raked and swept yard." *sigh* Oh well, I guess it keeps me active so my back won't give out sooner than it should. And I love what it does to my fingers! Maybe I'll ask the drive through people if they could bring their trash from home next time. I don't have much to do anyway.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I totally am on your side for this one, Mary! I HATE litter! I saw someone throw something into my yard one day, and I ran outside to give them a piece of my mind, but they were already gone! And, again, at Sonic recently, I saw someone throw a cup out the window. I ALMOST got out of the van, to let them know, in a sweet, sarcastic way, that I KNOW they didn't REALLY mean to put their trash out the window, so I was gonna give it back to them! That would have been a hoot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Oh,I'm sorry...did you drop this?" I'm afraid, Deb, you would have been labeled a psycho. But it would have been worth it!

    ReplyDelete