Saturday, March 13, 2010

Smiles aren't as frequent as you would think. There is so much to smile about; but as I searched for smiling faces today, all I found was only a few, as I made my way through the busy stores in Joplin. Children were crying, screaming and making demands on their parents. Their parents were counting...1,2, and so on. Couldn't believe my ears. Why do parents count at their children? Are they hoping by giving them a little more time they will obey them? Sounds threatening to me. I probably wouldn't be smiling either. Whatever happened to quick obedience? Parents don't seem to want to take the time for that trait to be worked in their children by discipline. No, I wouldn't be smiling either. As I walked through the stores, I would try to make eye contact with those around me, just so I could smile at them. At times I was successful, but mostly not. Everyone was in a hurry it seemed. Those that I was able to make eye contact with would give me a quirky smile, a semi-smile, a forced half-smile. Only one person gave me a big smile...a real smile...a "hope you're having a good day" smile. I loved it! And that is the person I shall remember from my trip today. God, send your ministering angels to put smiles on the faces that had none.

No comments:

Post a Comment