Saturday, March 13, 2010

The sky is overcast this morning...but not my spirit. I just looked at the pictures our oldest daughter sent to us, via CD. I have beautiful daughters. We had such a good week-end with them last week. We did seize the moments...the late night moments watching the movie our son-in-law to be, gave to my husband (can't remember the name of it =}), the early morning moments before the lights came on, yet the camera was clicking away, the mid-day moments riding in the car going to grandma's house, catching up on events in the lives of our girls, the noon-time moments, watching our youngest consume her favorite Grandma's Salad, and the before return to N.C. flight, watching the eyes twinkle as our girls visited with close friends over lunch at Charlies Chicken. And then we had a surprise visitor. My sister-in-law who has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, once again. She sat with us, no-one (except my husband and myself) knowing what she was facing. You couldn't tell anything dark and foreboding was staring her in the face, once again. Her spirit was light and her smile the same as always. Her hope is in the Lord. That's why she can face this...again. She quoted the Scripture to me that I have used many times myself and have shared at the appropriate moment with others that are going through tough times. "Whether I live or die, I am the Lord's" What a peace that gives to the soul. In this life we will face many obstacles. But our hope is in Him. It's His decision. I don't have to toil with it. I will return to Him soon anyway. If it's now or later, what does it matter? My desire is to live a long life on planet Earth, with those I love. But I am on God's time table, not my own. I think that may be one of the reasons I look at all of creation (mankind included) differently as my years are extended. If I could impress anything upon mankind, it would be to know who God is, so He can tell you who you are. The possibilities would be endless. If people realized the greatness that was within them, they would be unstoppable. I consider myself a cheer leading coach standing on the sidelines saying, "Go, go, go. You can do it!" And a watchman on the wall saying, "Guard your life while building it, because destruction will come in quickly if you are not watching." What am I saying in this post? Just this...the love of the Lord is beyond understanding, just accept it and rest. Seize the moments of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment