Thursday, March 25, 2010

For the last few days, I have been trying to collect my thoughts and put them in some sort of general focus. Things just sort of flit from item to item, not sticking around long enough to solidify any particular event or strategy. Many things should be pondered longer than I've given opportunity.

I'm down to the wire now on providing another restful and therapeutic experience for my clientele and still have a good 12 hours of shopping for, and organizing, the Foot Spa area. From time to time I get "an idea" to better the business. And most usually it takes me down a very long road of thought and expense. But I love it!!! I've always enjoyed being stretched, even though it can become stressful at times. I hate it when my mind can't seem to complete a thought without fliting to yet another thing that needs completed. Focus, Mary, focus!

It's much like cleaning house for a very special guest. Like the visit we had from a young man from North Carolina. He called and said he would be here in two weeks. What??? How can I get the house in order in two weeks? But of course I was thinking of everything that HAD to be done before he saw it. He was coming to ask for our daughters hand in marriage. I just couldn't let him see where the love of his life grew up without it being the very best it could be. Well...that's the way I am about most things. The shop included. So, it's hard to focus on just one area at a time because I see everything that has to be done. I said it was hard...not impossible.

Life can certainly have it's challenges. It's how we meet those challenges that matter. I had a sister that now resides "wherever she wants to" that often said, "this too, shall pass." She was right. With that revelation, I decided a long time ago that nothing is worth fretting over for too long. Having a "bad" day? It'll be over before you know it. Don't particularly like the weather? It'll be over before you know it.

My dad used to say to me, "you're wishing your life away", when I just couldn't hardly wait to be 18. Then when I turned 20, life began to shift into second gear and, wow! it's now 43 years later. Where did all that time go? I lived it, right? Why can't I remember most of it? Gee...it's simply amazing.

So...what I used to keep in my thoughts, now have to be written on paper, just so I won't forget what exactly it was that had to be done next. Problem is I can't find those little pieces of paper I jotted those instructions to myself, down on. So I purchase a daily reminder book. That's nice. I think it's helping actually. Cross your fingers. Does that really work? Who came up with that? Cross your fingers. What???

Well, these are only a few of my thoughts this evening. There are days that my world spins faster than others. I really think God must be up there (somewhere) twirling the earth faster and faster and making us think there really are 24 hours in a day. Seems more like maybe 12. Maybe. I saw this clock at the service desk in Wal-Mart one day. It didn't have the tick, tick, tick, that normal clocks have. The second hand was in a continual motion. No tick, tick, tick. Just swiiissshhh. Weird. I looked at my watch to see if it was really keeping time. Yup. Boy...did that bring things into perspective.

See!? Focus...focus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment