Saturday, March 27, 2010

MY Time

A couple of years ago, while visiting with our girls in North Carolina, they took us to one of their favorite haunts. Can't remember the name of the business, but it was a place that changed me forever. It was instant addiction! Upon returning to Oklahoma, I knew I had to find a similar place that would serve or meet my needs in that particular arena of life. I have tried several places and still have not found the "perfect" place.

This morning, I am preparing to visit yet another similar business, although closed for today, is willing to show me what they have to satisfy my addiction. I'm hoping THIS is the place...because this addiction pulls at me on a monthly basis and during the summer time, I would be very happy with twice a month! (If I can find the time). Of course as with any addiction, I suppose I would TAKE the time needed if I REALLY was addicted. But I really do crave it at times, even if I can't find the time to satisfy that "need".

The addiction? PEDICURES!!! OMG! Done with correct procedures, they are just about the best thing ever. (I said "just about") Very much worth the time and money spent.

The place I'm heading today? SOUTH SIDE SALON!!! I can do that, you see, because I OWN South Side. =} Lucky me! Since I've not been able to find the "perfect" place, I decided to create an area in my own salon and train those that work with me to do it properly with precision, passion and patience. It will be a work in progress as I research the best products to use and the very best techniques. One thing I've already learned is that the "throne" type chairs as wonderful as they are, are not necessary for the best pedicure in town and they have many problems with the rollers in the backs of the chairs. So, I'm hoping my decision to purchase a vibrating, with heat (if needed), chair...will solve that problem. The motor is much less expensive and has a much longer life. I tried it out the other day. Guess where most of my long days will end...yup...in the chair, with low lighting and possibly a cup of Coffee Masters cocoa or Chia Tea! Ahhhh...just thinking about it relaxes me!

Nicole and I are giving each other pedis this a.m. just to tweak our service to the public and each other. We are always in training...never ceasing to learn new and better ways to serve the public!

I have a "mile long" list of products to pick up this week-end; hoping some of the things needed, that has been ordered, will now be in stock for me.

Those of you reading this blog...if you've never had a pedicure or are anxious to get "back in the chair", now is the time to experience a relaxing get-away, and give back to the feet that serve YOU on a daily basis!

See you there!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds great, Mary! I guess this country girl is going to have to break down and try it!

    ReplyDelete