Thursday, July 22, 2010

Man Needs Woman/Woman Needs Man

"And they shall become one" is a much deeper revelation than it would at first appear to be. Many have had their opinions on this statement, including me. My Scripture reading came from I Corinthians 11 this morning. A much misunderstood passage...in my opinion. I have  heard so many (all different) definitions of what the Apostle Paul was speaking of in this letter to the Corinthians. And much can be imagined if we're too lazy to search out in it's entirety, the intent of this statement. As the years are quickly passing, I have become more of a scholar than in the years past and am thoroughly enjoy it. And yet I realize I may (and most likely will) miss something as I study; yet I can trust the Lords faithfulness to cover my mistakes. So this is, once again, an entry into the brain (and heart) functions of one M.J. Lewis.

It intrigues me to see a pattern of such an organized God! In the beginning, God created woman from man, for man. She was created from a part of him that was close to his heart...a rib. Some say it was one of his floating ribs and not from the cage area. Even that tells me women were never intended to be "caged in". But to be free of bondage by the man. And even though we women had our origins from a man, men come from women. Yes, I know...hold on man! You still have a very real part in the process! However my point is even a man cannot bring forth another man or woman without the woman! (Unless you've had a very unsuccessful sex change as that one she/he that was all over the news of being pregnant...and she/he was not really a man...duh!)

Are you beginning to see the importance of "the two shall become one" issue? From the beginning of time, we were charged with loving as one would love oneself! Once you see the unity God intended, you will also see how love goes much deeper than disagreements that seperate the two. Our "humanity" was not to over-ride our spirituality and cause division among us. "What God has put together, let not man dissolve." We fight against ourselves when we fight against each other. Oh my...this is so very deep, I'm just not sure I can put into words the depth of that statement as I see it. And feel it. Last Sunday afternoon God visited my heart like He's never done before now. I was overcome with a very real "touch" from the Lord I serve. I still am not a perfect individual and I haven't grown wings or a halo, but the Lord allowed me to experience a short time with Him. Too short. It probably was all I could handle. I wasn't "sitting in His presence". I wasn't "spending time with Him". I wasn't reading the Word or studying. I was watching a movie! A very unexpected clip in the movie popped up and took my breath away. No it wasn't a startling moment. It was a very sweet, loving moment that came from a Jewish song that was sang from someone most would call "wayward." It certainly pierced my heart.

I suppose it's all wrapped up as coming from a loving God that knows everything about us, because He is the one who created order! And it was He that set the course for us. It was He that unified us and caused us not to be able to do without the other. Male and female. Man is to protect (in every sense of the word) woman because she is part of him. Woman is to honor man because he not only is her protector, he causes her to be able to bring another male or female into this world. Yet he can not do this on his own! I know I'm not revealing some hidden secret, but if you will take the time to really think about this great design of God, it may bring a new understanding of love to you. All I can say this morning is, "Wow! What a great and marvelous God we serve." How I wish that eyes would open and see the great deception that has gone on for years and is blinding our youth as they transistion from child to adult. Oh well...

That's another story...

No comments:

Post a Comment