Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Finisher

It's been so long since I've blogged, I forgot my own URL. Took me downloading a Google Tool Bar before it hit me! www.marysworldmiami.blogspot.com. Every time I tried to find my page, I was directed to hundreds of mary's world's. Oh my goodness. Had I known before hand, I would never have titled my blog "mary's world". Some were just a little much for me. Well, here I am at last...Mary's World (the REAL Mary's World). =}

I just had to share my most recent memorable event. I came to the salon today to do a little side work. I come here most every Saturday to do "a little side work." But today I have finally accomplished the cleaning off of the shelves just beneath the check-out nook, next to the check-out computer. =} They have needed it for a very loooonnnnnggggg time. I had gotten to the place of finding absolutely nothing! And I've always considered myself to be quite organized. "A place for everything and everything in it's place." That's been my life's motto. I'm afraid I have lost sight of that as the seasons have rolled past me in an ever increasing rate of speed. I just can't seem to keep up like I used to. My associate at work would tell you that my mind "flits" from object to object and from task to task. She may be more right than I really want to admit.

So, today...well, it's been productive! I like productive. Makes me feel complete. Especially since the evidence is so overwhelming against my productivity, I find it very encouraging to be productive in at least one mission. It seems a very disturbing truth is arising about my inability to finish anything. If you would look through the book shelves in our study at home, you would find a lot of bookmarks marking the last page read, and it wouldn't be the last page of the book. I always seem to find another book I want to read and start on that one...when I find the time when I'm not so sleepy I can actually understand what it is I'm reading. Unless it is a Frank Peretti book. Nothing stops me from completing Peretti's writings.

Today, as I was clearing out everything on the shelves (yes, Nicole, even the printer shelf), I came across something I found to be intriguing. There were 22.5 pieces of unused computer paper. One side had been printed on, but the other was blank, so I had folded them in half and saved them. Just in case I needed something to scribble something down on. I just couldn't bare to throw perfectly good paper in the trash. But wait...that wasn't the end of my hording. There were 15 South Side Salon note pads, (those I hand out to clients), with only a few of the pages used, and tucked away next to the printer. Some only had one bit of information on the top page. Now, why didn't I just use the others until the pages were all used up? Someone else will have to answer that question. I don't have a clue.

Well, now you have seen inside my world just a little more. Let's hope it doesn't deteriorate too quickly. I may have to get rid of all my stuff before I want to. I can feel it happening already. Time to downsize! De-junk, and finish what I start, for cryin' out loud!

Until the next episode, I remain in Mary's World...

No comments:

Post a Comment