Monday, July 5, 2010

Another Story

So much happened in the week at Hatterus Island and my ego has been stroked just enough with the few comments on the "Wedding of the Century", that I have decided to log my memories of that most wonderful event. I am having a hard time deciding just where I should start. Makes me wish even more that I had been faithful in keeping my journal every evening before bed. I think I wrote twice in it! We were having such a good time, that many nights it became very late before our heads hit the pillows. Some later than others. ;-). I would look at the journal on my nightstand and say goodnight to it, but it never really asked me to go further than that! So...I didn't. =}

We left Cary, the town our girls live in, around 2 p.m. and arrived at the Love Boat at 6:45 p.m. Meghan had done a fabulous job of driving. So very respectful of her Momma being in the front seat, close to the air conditioning vents. :-) She has always called herself an "efficient" driver. Well...I've always said, "Meg, if you ever have a wreck, it's gonna be a bad one!" She drives like her mother used to drive when she was her age. But when you live in a large city, the traffic demands you be quick to slide in and out of tiny spots. So I understand, but would never tell her that. But this trip, she was so very careful of the distance between cars. I arrived in a peaceful state of mind. Meg, well, let's just say she arrived!

Getting into our "over-the-top" room, I began unpacking...putting things away for the week ahead of us. It was great having a large walk-in closet with shelving and a place to leave the luggage out of sight. I noticed all the nicety's of the room, including the glass sliding doors that exited onto a wrap around balcony that when standing (or sitting) on it, one could see the beautiful blue ocean and feel the ocean breezes as they caressed the face. After putting the luggage away, I noticed something was missing. Good grief! I left my bag with my bras and shoes needed for the wedding, at Todd's house, where we had stayed the night before! Four and a half hours away! I quickly came up with a solution. Todd's next door neighbor would be coming late Friday. Maybe she wouldn't mind bringing them. Problem solved, with one exception. I couldn't wear the clothes I had planned on wearing, because they needed different colored bras. I know...I know. It's just my fetish!

Day two, Linds and I went to the grocery store for a few items that I didn't think I could live without. Now, this is what I miss with our girls being so very far away! I would love to have one or the other of them...or both...call and say, "Mom, do you want to go shopping with me?" Or, "Hey Mom, we're all headed to the beach...wanna come?" Or, "Mom, I have a day off. Could I spend it with you?" Or, "Hey, would you and Dad like to come over for dinner?" Or, "Mom, Todd and I have decided we're going to eat at your place tonight. What time is dinner?" Or, "Mom, Meg says she's coming with us. Set another plate!" Well, I suppose it's all gonna be alright. Makes the times we get to be together really special. :-)

Gotta run for now. This is the day of the week my husband of 35 years, and I, go have a fun day together. So I must pretty myself up. He's so worth it!!! Later, my friends!

1 comment: