But now...Now, I am opening those same blinds once again. The night went fast and another day has dawned.
In only a few hours, I'll be doing this rote action all over again. And I'll be thinking the same thing. "I just opened these blinds a short while ago."
Same thing when undoing, and making up, the bed. It feels as if I was just standing in this spot not that long ago. And yet the time has past and I grow ever older...
The hours are made up of minutes. The minutes made up of seconds.
Have you ever stood still and just watched the seconds tic off? Some might say, "Why would I ever waste time like that?" To me...the time isn't wasted when if puts ones life in perspective, where once it was all over the place. Floating through life as if those seconds had never existed.
If for no other reason, one should watch the seconds tic off at least once in their brief time here. A fresh appreciation for time granted you, will suddenly erupt inside a once sleeping brain.
Appreciation. Gratefulness. Awareness.
Not so we could just cram more into our days, but that we could appreciate the moments of our days. Whether they be the quiet moments, or the busy moments. Appreciation causes our eyes to see things a bit clearer.
We become slower to judge others, even ourselves.
So much can happen in the breath of a second...
- Blinking...did you know your eyes blink 2-3 times it takes a second to tic off the clock?
- Heartbeats...did you know your heart pumps .07 liters of blood with each beat?
- Cellular activity...did you know that more than 100,000 chemical reactions take place inside your body every second?
- Lightening strikes...did you know that 100 lightening strikes hit the earth every second of any given day?
- Births & Deaths...did you know that within every second the clock tics, around 4 babies have been born and 2 deaths have occur, worldwide?

No comments:
Post a Comment