Friday, August 28, 2026

Where the Shadows Linger

There is a distinct, quiet magic that returns to this room when the calendar finally turns to the cooler months. Sitting at my desk in the stillness of the early morning, I watched the first condensation of the season bloom across the outside of the window panes—a soft, silver veil signaling the arrival of the weather I love most. 


Looking past the glass, the yard is still a collection of shadowy, half-formed silhouettes waking up to the chill, a beautiful contrast to the soft and comforting blanket of coziness that instantly wraps around me the moment the air turns crisp. 


It is early, quiet, and absolutely perfect; a gentle reminder of why we wait all year for these days to arrive.


Living in North Carolina, however, longing for the season I love most, the air seems to filter back and forth through the onslaught of Fall. It's most easily compared to a battle of one against the other. As if the hot, sweltering days of Summer refuses to release it's grip on earth's atmosphere, while the soft, cool and very inviting winds of change entice even the hottest of days.


And as I sit here, watching the shadows deepen across the yard from my desk, I realize how much comfort there is in this transition. Nature never fights the turning of the calendar; it simply leans into the quiet, cool spaces. Change is coming, whether we feel entirely ready or not, and there is a distinct magic in letting it happen. 


☕️ I’m trading my iced coffee for a warm mug, watching the weather patterns transform as they remind me of the coming of comfort...as I happily welcome everything this new season has to offer.


Watching...as the shadows linger, here you will find me...in Mary's World.

No comments:

Post a Comment