Sunday, May 9, 2010

Wedding Challenges

I know I should already have the dress hanging in my closet. But I don't. Why? Because I do not like shopping for myself. Nothing seems to make me look like Ms. Welch. Raquel Welch. How can she be 102 and still look 45?

Yesterday I spent most of the day looking. That's right...looking. I did try on a few things, but while looking fabulous on the rack, they looked down right comical when hugging my bod. I sent a pic to Lindsey of the one that looked almost cute on me. "Yes, I like that. But not for the wedding, right?" Of course I responded with, "No..."

During my walk-about, I spotted many interesting creatures. Tall, short, overly plump, overly skinny...and I DO mean overly! Can toothpicks really walk? Then there were those guys wearing jeans with the waistband fitting just under their butts and walking like old men, "right leg go far right, left leg go far left", just to keep their sorry pants from dropping to the floor. Once in a while they would pull them up just about a quarter of an inch. How I wanted to tell them if they would go up another 6 inches they wouldn't have to be holding on to them so much. And then I saw HER! Oh my...WHAT is that hanging out of her nose?!!! That just can't be! A ring with a CHAIN?!!! Wait...something is also protruding from the back of her ear...in the MIDDLE next to her head. OUCH! That had to have hurt! And the skin tight pants that some of the boys are wearing! How do they get them on? They must be spandex. From one extreme to the next. Baggy, 3 sizes too big, to skin tight where you can actually see the blood coursing through their bodies as the heart pumps it. Holy toledo. I wonder what they are thinking as I swish past them. If I can actually get past them. They walk in three's...taking up the entire walk-about. Once, I passed a line of these very interesting children and as the air swept past their frail bodies, I heard giggling. Was it the old fashioned hair-do? Maybe it was my 90's fitting jeans and very comfy deceased friends elbow length shirt. Maybe they thought I was going to a fire. I don't know.

My day wasn't very productive, unless you count the fact that I got to see a lot more of the world than I normally get to. I even saw a couple that I should have said hello to (I knew them), but didn't feel I had the time to visit. So, now, I STILL have to find that teal blue, with a drop of sage green, dress. Off I go. Tradition says I should get my attire before the groom's mom gets hers. I fear the groom's mom may be just a tad more shop savvy than this little farm raised girl.

On a different note...gray hair is over-taking my naturally chocolate colored hair, and if it's to look natural for the wedding, I must get the color back into it today just so I can color it again once more before Lindsey's wedding. And then there is the issue with my waist being somewhat larger than my hips. I've got "Making the Cut" by Jillian Michaels, sitting on my desk. It looks great there! She claims I can drop 20 pounds in a month and stop the show at my daughter's wedding.

And the saga continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment