Thursday, May 6, 2010

I've Got You

One of my favorite shows on television is "24". Two weeks ago, Jack Bauer's girl friend was killed by a Russian sniper because they were afraid she could identify someone that tried to destroy CTU with a car bomb. She had worked as an undercover agent for CTU and was planted in a Russian ring some years before, so she knew many of the Russians and their connections. After the snipers fire found it's mark, Jack gathered Rene up in his arms and said, "I've got you. I've got you." He held her close as he called 911 for help and then ran, as fast as he could while holding her, trying so very hard to get to a hospital before she died. Of course he was hoping to save her, but that didn't happen.

There's something about being wrapped in a man's arms. Something secure. Something safe. Rene must have felt it. Well, she looked like she did anyway. I realize it was just a television show and someone had written a really great script. However, in this earthly realm, anyone that has a loving man in their life knows what I'm talking about. I think of my sister that left us almost 2 years ago now. While she was going through a potentially terrifying disease,(I say potentially because one would never have known she was terrified) her husband would often hold her close. I wonder how many times he whispered in her ear, "I've got you. I've got you." When the disease began it's journey inside her body, she would lose her balance and fall, causing horrible bruising on her face and upper body. Her feet just wouldn't come up off the ground enough to move forward without stumbling. How horrible for her. She had always been an active lady and now, little by little PSP was taking control of every part of her being, save brain functioning. In a few short months my sis could do nothing for herself...she was at the mercy of those who loved her. And mercy came to her. God filled her heart with joy that even I cannot understand but am very grateful to our Lord for.


As I was coming to work this morning, I heard the Holy Spirit say to me, "I've got you. I've got you." (If He can use a donkey, He certainly can use a sitcom.) =} Driving along this a.m., I was listening to some Christian music for the first time in a long little while. Usually I just listen to the quietness as I drive to work...but not today. Tears came rushing down my face as I listened to the music. Then I heard it. "I've got you."

Now as I sit typing, I'm wondering what He is preparing me for. Whatever it is, I know He has me...

No comments:

Post a Comment