Thursday, May 13, 2010

Life from Death

It constantly amazes me how life can come from death! I'm sure I've only scraped the surface of understanding. Driving down Veteran's Boulevard this morning, coming to work, I noticed the trees that greeted me. They were big...majestic. Totally green and totally awesome to look upon. It's been only two and a half years ago when the ice storm hit little Miami, Oklahoma and virtually destroyed our trees. Split them right down the middle and bowed the surviving limbs almost to the ground. One would not know by looking upon them now. It has taken these last two years to get them looking like they MIGHT survive. Many said it looked like a war zone here in Miami. I would have to agree with them.

I know I've seen these beautiful trees every day coming into Miami...why today the true beauty was revealed to me, I'm not sure. Only that God takes moments of our lives to speak a creative word to us. It struck me that out of so much death, life now was victorious! Many, no...most, of those trees survived! And what a sight to behold now. So it is with us. God created us to survive even the most horrendous events that prey upon us. And not only survive, but we are revealed to all creation more beautiful than we began! How can ANYONE make this out to be coincidental? Simply amazing it is to me!

I'm reminded of the Scripture that says, "Lift up your heads, O ye gates...that the King of Glory may come in." (Psalm 24:9) Truly we must see that our lives were not happenstance. There is a purpose...a plan for all mankind. And Jesus secured our lives that day He gave all He had. So that life might come forth from death! Beauty from ashes, joy from sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment