Sunday, May 30, 2010

Age, Paranoia, and the Paranormal

Our paths crossing once again in the narrow hall-way and the connecting bathroom door, my husband swipes my shoulder with more force than I normally enjoy. "What was that?" I asked? "Something was crawling on your shoulder", said he. "WHAT?!!! WHAT WAS IT?" With a very calm, unexcited voice my dear husband says, "I'm not sure...don't have my glasses on."(Age)

Whatever it was or wasn't, he made the very definite motion of smashing it beneath his number 11D shoe. I'm really curious as to how he knew where to "smash" if he couldn't see it on my shoulder, how could he find it on the floor??? Or was he really sure he got "it" off my shoulder. Oh great! "Brush me off...quick!"

I grab MY glasses and begin to look on the floor where his foot was making the rocking, twisting motion...as if there might be something very huge beneath it. Nothing. Maybe "it" was squished so hard it was buried in the short fibers of the throw we have in the bathroom. I found nothing but a small lint fiber from a towel and a couple of hairs that have joined the rest of the crew that have taken their leave of duty attached to the follicles of one MJLewis.

Okay...where is the "spider". I knew it was a spider because Brandi and Ami have been very generous in sharing with us all on fb, the fact they are out there in full force...crawling everywhere. In your nose, your mouth, your ears! Well, that may be somewhat of an exaggeration...but none-the-less, they ARE out there...or in here...or up there, down there, around there, between there...here. (Paranoia)

Into the bedroom I go, lift the covers to check for colonies. No spider nestings that I can see. All looks pretty clear, except for that one spot of something that oozed out of Dennis' tattooed arm. Maybe I should change the sheets today. =}

Back to the bathroom...by now if indeed there was something, besides lint or hair, resting or crawling, on my shoulder, it would long be gone. I'm realitively sure if it had been beneath his foot,there would be a spot of SOMETHING to signify it's presence. Nope. Must have been a spirit spider.(Paranormal) Do those exist? Well, it sounds good and keeps me from believing there actually was something there...on my shoulder...crawling!

One of my sisters had a spider crawl into her ear canal once, while sleeping. For days, she felt something was there inside her ear, but couldn't get it out. It had gone too deep or she had actually pushed it further in by trying to get it out. Whatever the case, she ended up in the doctors office with an infected eardrum. With the greatest of ease, Mr. Doctor, with his handy dandy pair of tweezers pulled the now dead culprit out, cleaned the ear canal with hydrogen poroxide and sent her on her way. All better with only one promise added to herself. Cotton in the ears before heading to bed. But what about the mouth??? We didn't know they would crawl into the mouth too! But NOW we do. Thank you Brandi. Question is...how would one stuff cotton in their mouth without choaking on it? Maybe we could use duct tape!

No comments:

Post a Comment