Sunday, April 28, 2024

Seriously?

I have been asked, more than I would like to admit, why I'm so serious all the time. Some (usually family), think I am mad occasionally. One particular person told me I have a "resting _____ face." Didn't have a clue what she meant. She had to explain it to me. Seeeee....I'm STILL fairly innocent. Or maybe I just walk in a different realm and guard what I'm listening to. Or maybe I'm basically a hermit and have no idea what's out there. 😂

So, for those who have wondered, (you HAVE wondered, right?), here's why I'm of such a serious nature:

1) First, and foremost, I couldn't begin to explain the activity that happens in my brain 24/7. I AM a thinker. Most likely, an OVER-thinker. Seriously...

2) I was raised in a very serious family. Yes, they had their moments of full on laughter, but for the most part we had to be of a serious mindset in order to get done all that needed doing. Seems as if we were "on guard" most of the time, as well. Serious business...

3) I may lean a bit towards perfectionism. Admittedly I take life too seriously most of the time, because of the high standards that were set from the moment I entered the world. Seriously...

4) I used to be a people pleaser and had the need to be heard. To fail, meant I wouldn't be accepted. That takes some serious seriousness...

5) I was raised with strong Christian beliefs. We were valued because of our high moral standards and principles. It seems to be true that what a child learns the first 5 years of their lives will be their guiding force forever. Even if one strays from it, they will return to it, eventually. Serious stuff, right there...

6) Even though I live by faith in my Creator, my God, the One who rescued me, I'm a bit of a realist. I see things as they truly are. I can't abide by, or even entertain lies. Deception, to me, is the same as a lie. Just because one tells part of the story, doesn't mean they aren't hiding the rest of the story, so they might escape being judged. Or as a cover-up. It seems so easy (to me) to tell when someone isn't speaking the truth, the whole truth. I don't like superficial encounters. That's a serious over-thinker, most likely...

7) Last, and certainly least, I may, on occasion, be a tad bit stressed. Seriousness will do that to ya.

So, now you know why this gal right here, is so serious most of the time. I hope you never catch a frown on my face. It's really not the look I'm going for. 🤣

Working on being more "in the moment", here you will find me...in Mary's World. 

P.S.

Cast your vote in the comment section. Will I  succeed, or will I not, since I've already lived 77 years. UGH! That's a LOT of seriousness!!! And I'm in mega trouble for posting this picture. It was a fun night at Greg and Meg's!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment