Friday, February 23, 2024

Rainy Day Musing...

Soooo....one of my Christmas gifts this past year, was an ecard from Ruggable. Having been told (on more than one occasion) that I should consider replacing the throw rugs that have been protecting my hardwoods since 2013, I decided to take a peek at the Ruggable website. With the thought in mind that my rugs were still in great condition and didn't really "need" replacing, I had caved, simply because of money laying on the table. My rugs may a bit outdated, but still, if not now, when???

I had put the task off because, quite frankly, I kept forgetting I had the ecard. It was out of sight, tucked along a trillion other cards hanging out in cyber space. Plus, the first time I took a look at the Ruggable website, my heart skipped a couple of beats because the price line was a bit steep, in my humble opinion. Although the gift was a substantial one, there would still be a balance that would come out of our pockets. Even for the smallest of rugs...

The rug came yesterday while I was working, so it remained in its box until this morning. When awaking at 2:15 AM (I KNOW! 🙄), I decided it was time to throw DW's jeans in the laundry and prep the office floor for the new rug. Yeah. I went big. Got the smallest indoor rug available. 😂 Gotta start somewhere, right? Plus, the silicone mat that had been under my chair for way too long, needed replaced. It never gripped the floor like it was advertised to do. Dirt always managed to get beneath it and I was always having to move the chair off it, realign it, and position the chair again and again. I was tired of it.

Please know that I consider myself to be a fairly intelligent woman. I'm beginning to question that...

Office chair removed from its amazing throne area, silicone mat taken up, and floor ready to sweep and prep for new housemate. I wasn't surprised to see just how bad the mat had scratched up my hardwoods it has sat upon for years. Years! I was so glad I could cover it back up. At least for now.

As I was looking over the rug pad my thoughts were, "Wow! If I thought the silicone damaged the floor, THIS is going to eat the wood like termites." I thought I could be wrong (1st mistake 😉), and proceeded to lay the "grippy side down". It didn't want to unfurl. As I walked on top of it, trying to coax it to do my bidding, the neurons inside my brain began to dance. The process of synaptic plasticity was firing away, waking me up to the fact that I had been duped by brain fog. Seriously, it's been found in severely depressed people where the thought process has been broken down. Not enough protein substance in the neurons. Just so ya know, I'm not depressed. Severely, or otherwise. But that's off script...🤣  

The thought crossed my mind that "the grippy side" could actually be the softer, more welcoming and pliable side. Isn't that always the case? All of a sudden I KNEW I had unwittingly used the wrong side of my previously used pad. And that is what messed my floor up, with all the movement of an unsecured mat. Now I'm starting to feel really stupid. Years! 🙄🙄🙄

Finally, the new rug pad and rug cover is in place, and it feels amazing! My chair moves like it's on a sea of glass with no movement beneath it. Maybe the new pad will restore my hardwoods while it lovingly kisses the floor. JUST KIDDING!!! I'm not that far gone. Yet...🤣

Feeling like a wet cat, here you'll find me...in Mary's World. Years...ugh!


No comments:

Post a Comment