Monday, January 30, 2023

When Fear Won't Release It's Grip

 

I know it's difficult living life when much of the time fear is our companion. I know its grip can be intense, at times. I know fear can chain you to what caused it in the first place. I also know we imprison ourselves by allowing it to rule areas of our lives, and once we've conquered it for the time at hand, doesn't mean we'll never face it again. So, how do we release ourselves of the locked room in our brain that constantly keeps us alert to what created the fear in the first place? Good question!

Some say. "Just trust God." Well...I DO trust God, but please don't ever say that to someone that has lived through hell and are possibly still there. I trust that God has me. I trust that He is my true Father. I trust that He cares about everything I go through. I trust that at the end of my journey, it will be to Him I return. I also trust this is my battle, that He equips me to win. He won His battle, so we could win ours. When we say "Just trust God" to someone struggling, has become an easy way out of helping someone in the middle of a battle (in my opinion). What if we said, "Share your struggles with me. I will prepare you to fight them, and find you a place of rest while you are contending with this." It's basically the same thing as saying trust God. Just a little more detailed about how. When the Israelite children came to the land God had promised them, He also told them there would be giants to fight, but that He had equipped them to do battle. While they were circling the wilderness (for 40 years!), He provided for them. But once they got to the Land of Promise, God expected them to do their own fighting in order to live their lives by whatever their hands could provide. He never left them, but equipped them to do their own work.

Granted, it seems at times He miraculously steps in and switches things up on our behalf. But, mostly (in my opinion), He wants US to overcome the "demons" of our past, present, & future. Just think about it for a minute. If you ran to your child with every little problem they faced, and said, "Don't worry baby, you can do whatever you want, because I will erase the problem. I will take care of this." What sort of person do you think they would grow to be? Certainly one without tools to overcome whatever came their way. But, if we walk through the problem WITH them...not FOR them, then they would learn how to overcome any challenge they faced. 

True. Some things are bigger than we are, and we need someone (like a strong dad, or mom, or close friend), to right the ship, on occasion. But if we have the example of how, but never have to fight our own battles, I fear the thing that has chained us up will only become more powerful.

God has given us the necessary blueprint for overcoming any challenge we face. We can't just ignore the problem and it will go away somehow. We must face whatever is causing a disruption in our lives.  "Stand your ground." "Do not be fearful." "I will be with you." We can win any battle that rages in our mind. And when we do, we will find that "Trouble produces endurance, endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope never disappoints." ~Romans 5: 3 & 5 

So, yes...we may run to those who know a way through, but when we run to the Father of all, we not only find a way through, but we find an unrealized peace we didn't think we'd find. It's then that we understand that many of our battles come from a mess stored inside our brains of days gone by. We have to quieten that noise and agree to "do it afraid"! Be strong. Be brave, for it is the Lord your God that goes before you to do battle. ~II Chronicles 20:17

This one is for me...

As always, here you will find me...in Mary's World

No comments:

Post a Comment