Friday, April 9, 2010

Time for Natural Focus

Gearing up for a long day Sunday with a last minute decision to make a trip to St. Louis for a long over-due business adventure. My side-kick, Nicole and I are rising very early to arrive by 9 a.m. Question is...can I do it? Of course I can! It might be just a tad harder for me than it was 9 years ago (the last time I tried such a thing)but do it, I can!

I'm hoping to gain a little more knowledge on Internet marketing, navigating the ups and downs of a confused economy, and make-up artistry defined by ingredients and benefits. Those three will be my main focus, while hoping to secure a chance at seeing all the vendors and making judgement calls on what South Side should incorporate and what it should leave alone. Maybe there will be a chance for me to take in one or two "real" classes on hair cutting techniques and pedicure protocol. What I can't make it to, Nicole will...hopefully.

When all is said and done, my hope is to come back with more information than what I left Oklahoma with, having added to my existence here on planet Earth. You may say there are more important things to add to yourself than beauty information. I would have to say you are correct. However, the business God has set me over, gave me entrance into for purpose, I am to be a good steward over. So, whatever my hand finds to do, I hope I will always do it to the very best of my ability...even when it stretches me some. Especially when it stretches me. How else do we grow in what we've been trusted with? We either move forward or backward. If we continue to do as we've always done with no visible movement, we begin to stink. And become quite useless and might I add, avoided. We become boring and over-looked. And our talent will moss over and God will give it to someone else to complete His design for humanity. My work is my platform for expanding the kingdom of God, and if I am not very good at what I do, my platform will disappear. So, even though there might be more important things than beauty to focus on, this just happens to be the arena I have been given responsibility in. So off I go.

I shall miss my friends at LifeGate Church this week, but shall see them next.
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment