Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Needy?! (first Published in 2010)

Just to save the comments from this post in 2010, I had to share it again, after deciding I wanted to give it a title (which it didn't have when written 🙄). So sorry...this was more than a few years ago. 13, to be exact. Things change over the years, but I loved the comments to this post and didn't want to lose them. So...⬇️

Had lunch with my husband of 35 years today. We ate at Hadley's down town. Their chicken salad on a croissant bun and side salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette, is so awesome! Make's me happy. Well...we had a tiny discussion on the "needy" word. Come to find out, he isn't the only one that thinks I'm a tad needy in some situations (according to him). And I probably could name at least ONE other. Problem is, he couldn't tell me exactly why he thinks that. "It is definitely related to our girls," he says. "You seem to need them to notice you." What???!!! Of course I need them to notice me. Doesn't every mother? How does a mom stand in the background and still be a viable part of their lives? Oh boy...do I need some answers.

Okay, I'm wanting some feed-back obviously. (Will that be considered "needy.") Hmmmm...

4 comments:

  1. A mother's devotion is something that knows no bounds and is displayed in many ways throughout our childs life. We ALL want to be needed and need others. I think all mother's fear the day thier children don't need them, even though I don't feel that day ever comes, speaking from a daughters perspective. I don't think your needy Mary. I do think you desire to feel very connected to the people you love and sometimes feel a lack of communication or distance from those people for many different reasons. You have a huge heart that is overflowing with love and if you need anything, it's the need to share that love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh KC...that is one of the many reasons I love you. You see right past the exterior and down into the heart of the matter. Thanks for seeing through a mother's eyes and even those of a daughter. Tonight I am comforted...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy...

    "demanding or needing attention, affection, or reassurance to an excessive degree"

    I don't believe you are needy in the extreme way that is defined above mom. I think "needy" is perhaps an over used and under-understood term like "love" and "friend" or "shopaholic"... I threw that last one in there for fun.
    I think we all "need" something from someone and different things in different stages of our lives. You have an intense desire to be loved as you love - appreciated as you appreciate - thought of as you think of and so on. That isn't at all bad it just may be unrealistic to think that you will be told how much you are loved, appreciated and thought of as often as you would like. I know that personally, I could do a better job affirming you. I KNOW that dad could improve there. I'm sorry that I have been stingy with expressing my feelings sometimes. I will try to do better. That being said, I had to learn that when I want to feel loved, appreciated and thought of, I had to first remember how much God feels those things for me, how I should also love myself and then pour out onto others. Eventually, you will see the fruit of your efforts! But, no, don't label yourself as needy. Maybe greedy... hahaha! JK!

    I LOVE YOU - YOU ARE THE BEST MOM EVER - YOU SURE ARE PURTY - YOU ARE SMART - YOU DO HAIR GOOD - YOU ALWAYS SMELL NICE - YOU ARE A GREAT CAREGIVER - YOU SLEEP WITH YOUR MOUTH OPEN...WAIT -

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...that feels soooo good!!! I have been affirmed! I love the part about remembering how much God feels those things for me and how I should also love myself and then pour out onto others. Such wise words. Between you and Kasey Lynn, I should be good for a week or two. =} Thanks, Sweetness (aka Lindsey.) Okay, Meg...where's your post???

    ReplyDelete