Tuesday, November 8, 2022

I Listened to the Wind This Morning


It's been a full week now, since I became symptomatic with the Covid-19 virus. Which variant, only God knows. The bend in the road has finally appeared, and I am headed for full recovery. What's left of my immune system, showed up and did battle for me. I can't say it's been a hard week, as some would define hard, but it hasn't been the easiest, either. But that's not what I've come here to talk about.

I came to talk about the things a person can learn when they take the time to listen. Even the wind will tell its story, if we but listen. Did you know it can't be heard unless it rubs up against something? Of course you did. Sometimes it sounds like a gentle whisper as it brushes up against your hair, much like its doing this morning, causing me to long for more; so I sit...waiting as it captures my full attention. 

We should never underestimate the wind, however. Sometimes it can be worked into a frenzy and sound like a train coming down a track, causing fear to mount. But not this morning. This morning, it came to soothe me as it rustled the fallen leaves, causing them to rise and fall as the dance began. The sound of acorns, walnuts, & pecans, began their decent to the patio floor, making their own kind of music. It rang the chimes hanging from the pecan tree that shades the girls play set, and the cool breezes began to give me a chill, letting me know the heat from the last few months, is no more. Relief has finally come.

Time to snuggle in a warm robe. Time to quiet ourselves. To listen. To slow down. To live peacefully. To allow the noise to subside within us and allow our spirit to be refreshed. To breathe deep and exhale slowly. The wind can teach us, if we but listen.

Funny thing about the wind. It can't be seen, but we know it's there by the evidence our senses give us. We can feel the wind as it blows gently (or severely) over us. We can see the movement it causes in things around us. We can hear the brushing against things as it sweeps past. There's evidence of it being real. We just can't see it, because it's cloaked in faith. Faith that it's real. It's accessible. It's always present. So much like our God, and the Spirit within us. Just think on that for a minute, or more.

The message the wind brought to me today? "You did not choose me, but I chose you." ~John 15:16, and And what a great story that is! We usually take that Scripture to mean it's all about us. When in fact, it was all about Him. It's not because of our goodness, that He chose us. It's because of HIS goodness!

Now I don't want to leave. But, I must.

Leaving you today with this... The wind can roar, howl, scream, thunder, whisper, sigh, murmur, tinkle, and so much more. Listen to it and feel what you hear! The wind speaks your name when you least expect it.

As always, here you'll find me...in Mary's World

No comments:

Post a Comment