Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Fun Moments in Life

"You talk even though you have nothing to say," said one of my daughter's, as she giggled at what she perceived to be a nonsensical statement. Little did she know, I thought the response was completely relevant to the answer given.  I had asked her boyfriend how he was doing. He said, "Pretty good." I said, "Well, that's better than not-so-good." And that is how one closes a conversation...I guess, cause it ended.

Why I find this extremely funny now, is beyond me. I'm sitting here typing, laughing, crying, coughing, wheezing...all at the same time. That's what happens when I laugh hard and loud. I literally get choked up. I try to avoid it...

On a more serious note (maybe), I really like her boyfriend. I love it that he and she care so deeply for each other. I love being around happy people, so I worm my way into a conversation whenever possible. The problem with that is, I rarely have anything important to say. So the old stand-by, the common greeting is, "How are you?" Rarely does anyone expect an answer...but me! I genuinely want to know how a person is doing.

I'm not sure, but I'm supposing that God has a really great sense of humor, since He created it. Some people are said to have a "dry" sense of humor. Others are just out and out funny! Like the actors on Seinfeld. Which means absolutely nothing to my inability to involve myself in a conversation. I sit around and smile a lot at other people's conversations...but mostly, I fear opening my mouth. You didn't know that did you? It's a cover-up...*wink*

I think I just proved that I talk without having anything to say..

This is indeed an interesting place to be...in Mary's World.



No comments:

Post a Comment