Thursday, January 13, 2011

The "Filter"

I had heard it referred to only one other time. And now once again, "filter" enters my hearing world. This time it was from a young person talking about the brassiness of the older generation. "They lose their filter," she said with great compassion.

Some time ago our eldest spoke yet another truth to her mother, (which she usually has no problem doing.)=} Not sure where she got THAT trait from. She said, "Mom, you need to engage the filter between your brain and your mouth." WHAT? I didn't realize there WAS one! And now, all of a sudden at the ripe old age of 60 something, I'm told that it isn't necessary to speak everything I think. We laughed...well...I laughed.

I am continually learning new things! I love it! There's a modern term for "think before you speak." Come on now...be honest. How many of you out there in cyber space knew that? It is quite the mouthful. But it does bring the chuckle to a normal boring day. Even for one that may be losing her "filter." Not sure I ever had much of one to begin with. Maybe it was all clogged up with the necessities of life, much like our vacuum gets after vacuuming up cat hair through-out the house.

Now tell me again why people choose not to have children? Oh my...what a trip it's been. I love my girls so much. All the wonderful experiences they give me, I would not trade for anything I can think of. Sometimes they make me cry, (never on purpose). But mostly they make me laugh. Even as I'm typing this, my face is all stretched out in this huge smile.

All I'll need at the end of my days, are my girls beside me...just being themselves.
(And my Dennis, of course) =} Not that I think that's anywhere close, so don't get all excited everyone! I've still got this "filter" to clean out.

Until that time you will find me... in Mary's World.

No comments:

Post a Comment